Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday...

...December 18 I did a Weight Loss Wednesday post. Since August I've lost almost 40 pounds. Since December 18 I've been totally unmotivated. Luckily, I've only gained a couple pounds despite all the hot chocolate, Reese's trees, and other delicious goodies I've indulged in. I "took a break" from working out and eating right and now I'm questioning it. I should've known better, a break is never good. You never jump back into things like you did before and that's exactly what's happened here.

I've spent $60 to join weight loss challenges hoping they'd motivate me, but they haven't. I've worked out once and I was so out of shape that I couldn't move for three days thus giving me more of an excuse not to work out. The pot for one of the challenges if $700 as though that's not enough incentive but I'm still not into it. I'm five pounds away from hitting a major goal (which I think was in the post on December 18) and yet I don't want to put in the work or the time to do it.

This past month was the perfect time for me to hit it hard, work out, count calories. I'm really concerned once my class at LU starts that I'm going to be strapped for time. It's so frustrating yet I still continue to sabotage myself. UGH!

In fact, God has even told me to stop being fat. Before the first weigh-in, I decided to treat myself to a Slurpee and a Reese's tree. Guess what? I got pulled over on the way home. This past Saturday, AR and I went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. As we were waiting for dessert, AR knocked over my water spilling it on my jeans. See, this is God's way of telling me to get with the program!

I don't know what my deal is but it's got to change! Maybe it's the accountability. In the fall, I was paying for boot camp classes so I had to work out. I'm too cheap to pay for something and not do it. I thought paying for the weight loss challenges would be the same way but apparently it's not. I also think it's the support of the people around me. The girls in my boot camp class were AWESOME! My whole office was doing a weight loss challenge in the fall too. Having EVERYONE involved was really motivating, not to mention scrutinizing and I mean that in a good way. Also, this fall waking up at 5am was no big deal either, but now all I want to do is stay in my bed as long as possible which means no time for working out.

So starting next week (because I leave tomorrow for Florida and won't be back until Monday), here's my plan:

  • I can't commit to a membership or month of boot camp because of the LU class. I've bought a drop-in pass to get me jump started that I've used this week, will use next week and then I'll have two random passes to use.
  • Start counting every morsel that enters my mouth.
  • Posting Workout Wednesdays. I know this is boring as a reader but it helps me because I'm publicly saying I'm lazy if I post a week of no workouts. After all, this blog is all about me, right?
  • Lose those five pounds by Valentine's Day!
  • Beat everyone in my Weight Loss Challenges and take their money!!!
Okay, it's a start. I have some races and fitness goals in mind that I'll post on Wednesdays. Please help keep me motivated. If you see me in person, ask me if I've lost those five pounds so you can watch my face turn red and I can squirm if I haven't. #byebyebabyweight

What's a post without a picture? I've been sharing my after dinner dessert, 100 calorie Healthy Choice Fudgicle, with AR. Hey, it's less calories, right?


4 comments :

Slamdunk said...

Nothing like peer pressure. I think if I can survive the holidays with minimal damage, spring and better living is always just around the corner.

Enjoy your day Alyssa.

Julie said...

Welcome to my world! I work out when I can with all my commitments, I don't deprive myself of small treats and I'm doing my best to just keep on keeping on!

Liz said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! You've worked VERY hard to lose almost 40 lbs in just a few months. You deserve a little break now and then. Just don't let that break turn into 6 months and then 6 years. :) Enjoy your trip this weekend and start fresh next week!

Meg @ Meg-in-Training said...

You are being far too hard on yourself. Think about this - what will weighing 5 lbs less change besides the number on the scale? Sure I realize that you are losing weight to get healthy, but healthiness is not always measured by the scale. You can get back on track, but adding the stress an already busy schedule makes it difficult for all of us. Taking a break is fine and necessary for sanity! I'm here to support you in whatever your goals, just remember that you are so much more than a number on the scale. Don't let it dictate how you should feel about yourself!