Saturday, January 25, 2014

"The Iron Duke" Book Review...

...I finished up the audio version of "The Iron Duke" by L. Ron Hubbard.

The Iron Duke

Description
Meet Blacky Lee, ruggedly handsome with a quick wit and a roguish charm. Think Clark Gable with larceny in his heart and a price on his head. A price put there by the German Gestapo. But Blacky's always got an angle, and this time it s as audacious as they come. He'll hide in plain sight, impersonating the crowned head of a Balkan kingdom. He'll become The Iron Duke.

Can he pull it off? Win the love of a country...and of a beautiful woman? All Blacky has to do is risk everything and, for once in his life, find a way to do the right thing. Get in on the deception as the audio version of The Iron Duke puts you in the middle of the royal con game.

Review
I think I would have enjoyed this book better if I had read the book first!  I had to restart it several times to get all the characters straight in my mind.  I did enjoy the different voices and the actual taping was nice and clear so if I’d been more familiar with the story line, I could have imagined it better in my mind.
The story was suspenseful and I love a book when you can’t figure out the ending. Book was witty and contained lots of good humor.  Book has a little of everything, romance, thrill, mystery, adventure….should meet everyone’s approval.

No comments :