Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another Trip to Painted Pot...

...this past Saturday, Stevie and I made another trip to the Painted Pot. Stevie decided to make a giant mug to drink coffee out of, I told her the mug would be better for soup otherwise she would get coffee all over her face....potato, pototo though. She used this water, soap, paint mixture to blow bubbles and give her mug an underwater look. Here she is in action:
After the bubbles were popped, she threw on some fishies and seahorsies:

And here is my creation...I hate the cupcake, it looks like it didn't bake long enough and is flat. But here's what I was going for...I wanted to make a little saucer that I'm going to give to "all of us" in the Groeteke family. For birthdays, we always have dinner at Matt's parents house. I wanted to start a tradition that I could be included in SO whoever's birthday it is will get to eat their dessert off the birthday plate. Eh...luckily the dessert will be going over the deflated cupcake.
I'll post a pic of my plate after I get it back from being fired.

4 comments :

Krystie said...

I always wanted to go to one of these places. I'll have to research and see if we have one around!!

Cecilia said...

I can't wait to see your finished product!! I like the too big coffee cup! Very cute.

Meredith said...

I love those kind of traditions--we have a "You Are Special" plate in our family...I just always forget to use it!

Also, I would LOVE a coffee cup that big!

Slamdunk said...

Very creative--I would still find a way to mess it up.