Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Tidbits...

...a random Thursday so here are some random thoughts and stories...

*I shouldn't have posted about my weight loss. I'm holding steady for the past two weeks at -16...ugh! I've decided though what I really need to do is step it up and PUSH myself during my workouts. This has been a real choppy week with working out so next week I'm switching from the elliptical and going to start on the treadmill...I think I push myself more on that.
*Tuesday night we took SIL out to dinner for her birthday, during the course of dinner, she looks at me and randomly says, "I didn't know you went to Dr....(my girl doctor)." I replied, "Um yeah...how did you know that?" Apparently she had called the office, gave our last name and they asked, "Oh, is this Alyssa or Elizabeth?" Um...let's just say that talking about the lady doctor at dinner with your husband and SIL=awkward!
*I'm excited about Sunday, Mattie and I are going to Shogun...we love that place and it's kind of turned into our yearly Valentine's Day tradition. This year another couple is joining us and I'm going to make Mattie a cheesecake for dessert because he mentioned one the other day so I thought I'd surprise him. I hope it turns out good!
*Can I just state that I am NOT liking the new FB? I wish they would stop changing it every few weeks, just pick one and stay with it!
*I have to admit it and I'm probably the only one out there but my guilty reality tv lately has been "Bad Girls Club." I can't help it! They show all the episodes in one night and then I'm hooked! I still haven't seen an episode of "Jersey Shore."
*Can you guys believe that Mardi Gras is this weekend? Then Ash Wednesday next...duh, Wednesday??? Where has the year gone!?!? What are you guys giving up for Lent? Last year I gave up ice cream but being that I'm already kind of doing that with the weight loss (no desserts, sodas, fast food, alcohol), I don't really think that's fair. Hmmm...maybe eating out all together? But that'll be tough because both Matt and I's birthdays are during Lent...leave me a comment with what you're giving up so maybe it'll spur something in my mind.

Today is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday and then Monday is a holiday for me! YAH!!! Happy Thursday everyone!

5 comments :

Slamdunk said...

The Mrs. father-in-law just retired as a "lady doctor" and I have sat through way too many "too much information" conversations at dinner. I can relate to your husband.

Amy said...

For Lent, I play on working out everyday...so instead of giving something up, I am adding something. Backwards I know, but I hope it works! :)

You are such a sweetie! Thank you so much for your initial sweet comment and then checking on me again last night. I am doing better. My backpain ended up being a kidney infection, but I am trucking right along now. Thank you again for your kind words. Your support means the world to me. Blog friends are the best! :)

Hilary said...

I have one of those last names where everyone around here that shares it is related - so I feel your doctor pain! And I watch the Bad Girls Club, too, when it's on. Lately, I've been captivated by Real Housewives of Orange County, though!

Cecilia said...

I'm going to give up my kids for Lent. Hehehehehehe. Just kidding. I am going to tell my family I love them more. I am also going to pray more.

Cecilia said...

Oh, and I hate the new FB too. They are really starting to tick me off.