Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bomb DOT Com Deviled Eggs...

...Seriously, ain't no joke, I made the BEST deviled eggs EVER! Last weekend, I finally read my Parents magazine. I ripped out the recipe for deviled eggs. I forgot about it until we unpacked from our trip to Cape when I pulled out the crumbled piece of paper. I glanced at the recipe and decided to mix it up and add my own touches. O...M...G-it turned out amazing. Okay, so now I'll stop teasing you and share the recipe with you.

Ingredients
Dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
Package of taco seasoning

First I boiled the eggs. I know everyone does it different. I put a pot of water the stove. When it starts boiling, I put the eggs in and set the timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, I pour out the hot water and replace it with cold water. I let it set then started the peeling process.

After I peeled all the eggs, I cut them in half and put the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another. Good thing I did this after bedtime, otherwise, AR would gobble all the whites up!

Then I mashed the egg yolks up in a bowl with a fork.

Mash, mash, mash...Matt walked in at this time and picked up the camera and started snapping pictures.

Next, I added the cheese, mayo, and sour cream to the mashed up egg yolks. Matt did that part, thanks for your help! After it was mixed up really well, I added about 1/4 package of the taco seasoning. Add more, use less...whatever you prefer. When you have it to your liking, fill the white egg part with the mixture then refrigerate until ready to serve.

I had no idea what to expect, just hoping for something edible. I have to be totally honest, Matt and I were eating the mixture straight from bowl it was so good! I was just hoping we had enough to take to Easter the next day.

And my husband enjoying one of the "bad" eggs. I'm sure you all know someone who insists on one egg that isn't pretty or looks "bad" so then they have to eat it. Yeah, that's totally my husband!

What are you waiting for? Go make them, you won't be disappointed!

No comments :