Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Second Shield Book Review...

...I have finally finished Stacy Eaton's Romance Behind the Badge. The last book in the series was Second Shield. The first was Garda: Welcome to the Realm and the second was Liveon: No Evil. I really enjoyed the first two books and Second Shield did not let me down.
Second Shield
Summary
Detective Sergeant Mackenzie McAllister leads a team of police investigators. When the new kid, Drew Bradley, joins the squad Mack is bound by duty to show him the ropes. The chemistry between them is immediate, but with Mack being twelve years older, she fights becoming entangled with the young sexy detective.

Drew enters the unit, not only to help with the investigation they are conducting, but to find out what is really going on inside the walls of the unit. Working with the intense and strict Sergeant Mack is invigorating, but between the need to protect her and his second shield, he is at a loss and falling hard.

Together they will uncover the evil from within, and try to deny the passions that rage between them. Who in her unit is trying to keep her from finding out the truth? Who will take a life that will draw them closer? And what are the secrets hidden behind the shield?
 
Review
Stacy Eaton delivered the action and romance in this book from page one. Each turn of the page brought on excitement and uncertainty. I'm not a fan of long, drawn-out should I/shouldn't I drama so I'm glad that Mack and Drew didn't fight their chemistry too long. However, on the action page, sometimes it's easily spelled out from the very beginning. While it was pretty obvious who all was involved, I still didn't have the mystery solved until the book told me what was going on! Well done, Stacy!
 
I have to admit, I was not a fan of the ending. Specially, the last few pages. That was a bit obvious and with the book ending the way it did, I really feel like there should be a follow-up book to let us know how things work out. I did love the romantic gestures Drew left for Mack in the end though, if only all men were that thoughtful! If you're looking for a book with mystery and romance, this is definitely the book for you.

No comments :