Thursday, August 19, 2010

Boys & Pups During Jelly Time...

...Matt and the pups went with me to Katie's as well. We first had to stop for gas on the way there, Emma is a freak dog and hid under the truck box while at the gas station. Once we got on the open road though, she was totally going for the wind-in-hair thing. OH! And at one point, Katie and I had to leave in the car to go get more sugar. We chained Emma up on one of those running line things, well, the boys thought when we were out of sight that they could let her off. Um...bad idea! Kevin called Katie telling us to stop before the main road, um...yeah, Emma met us about 1/2 mile from their house!!! She's so silly, I love her and she obviously loves me!Once we got there, we walked around and got our dogs acquainted with theirs. Um...we have some major city dogs. Here's Shadow panting and about to pass out just like 20 minutes after we got there. Luckily, shortly after this photo, he finally realized he could get in and cool off in the baby pool!
The boys split wood all morning. Katie and Kevin are gearing up for the winter months.After lunch, the boys AKA Kevin fixed my bike tire. Katie has a road bike that she said I could use if I decide to do a triathlon on my own in the spring. So there's some motivation for me.Once the tire was fixed, Kevin and I took it for a test ride. He also gave me a crash course in what each gear means. Notice our gang of doggies, made it a little hazardous as they would just jump right in front of you.
Another busy, fun, HOT day with the friends! The doggies slept VERY well that evening.

5 comments :

lola said...

haha, our dog Goose would totally have been in the kiddie pool instantly. He's a panter like Shadow too!

Jillian said...

Awww your dogs are so cute!!! I have a cat.... she doesn't like road trips.

A Wedding Story said...

Your dogs are so cute! Poor little thing hiding under the truck box!

Angie said...

Yeah, I never quite got the gear thing either LOL now I can't ride bikes b/c of my knees. The dog stories always crack me up lol

Stephany said...

So cute! My dog is also pretty attached to me and howls like a wolf if I even leave the apartment to do laundry. ;)