Saturday, August 28, 2010

Runners 4 Luke...

Calling all runners, walkers and dog lovers!!! On September 12, CHADS Coalition is putting on a 5k/10k walk-run and a 3k walk for you and your furry friends. My friend Angie is organizing Runners 4 Luke for the second year to remember her son Luke who was killed outside the St. Louis Zoo in 2001. This past May, the Zoo dedicated the new Crossing Bridge in memory of Luke, you can read about it here.

We would love for you to come be a part of our team Runners 4 Luke. Even if you don't know Luke, it's nice to have the support out there plus this is a great organization that the event is raising money for. We're ordering shirts on Monday for everyone on the team to run in (no extra cost to you!) so head over to their website and sign up then be sure to email me your shirt size before Monday. Hope you all can come enjoy the day with us and support an awesome cause!

2 comments :

Angie said...

Awwww, I actually honestly wish I could do this one LOL Would totally bring one of the dogs, not my fat dog, but one of the other two dogs! We've got a baseball game and then a 1-year-old birthday party to go to that day tho! What a great way to honor Luke. I didn't know him or his family but I remember that day. Such a sad, sad day.

Cecilia said...

I registered us! I'm excited to be apart of this. Thank you for the opportunity!