Monday, August 30, 2010

Mike Shannon's...

...last Friday, Amy, her husband Chris and I enjoyed a great evening at Mike Shannon's which was participanting in Downtown Restaurant Week. I think we all left happy, full and loving the food there!
Chris and I both ordered the t-rav for an appetizer. Holy moly! There were a ton of those things, definitely enough for two but I still gobbled mine up. Amy ordered the crab cake and we all agreed that appetizers got two thumbs up.

All three of us got salads. I had the House salad which was like a St. Louis salad. I told Amy how much I loved St. Louis salad and she laughed at me because I'm pretty sure every time we get together, I have had that! Chris and Amy both ordered the wedge and I think we all would give our salads two thumbs up as well.

Now for our main courses, we all went different. I ordered the strip with Irish pototoes! YUM!!! I was so full from the first two course though that I didn't eat the whole thing so I had it wrapped up and let Matt enjoy it.

Amy ordered the filet with asparagus but was a good wife and let Chris eat the tips of the asparagus. I'm with Chris though on that, the tips are the best part. Chris took our waiters advice and ordered the rib eye that had been marinated for 72 hours, his came with baby carrots. After we all finished the third course, once again I'm pretty sure we'd all give two thumbs up! When we were leaving, they gave us a $25 voucher to come back and use between November and March for participating in Downtown Restaurant Week. I thought that was pretty awesome.

After dinner, it was such nice weather that we all walked a block over to 1. make sure my car wasn't towed and 2. to show them my dad's brick at the stadium. I'm sure they were VERY impressed with that. I asked Chris to snap a picture of Amy and I to commerate the evening:
Thanks Chris and Amy for a great evening out! Can't wait to do it again and definitely can't wait for next year's Downtown Restaurant Week!

11 comments :

lola said...

Sounds like a fantastic evening! :)

Amy said...

It was so good! Thanks for coming out and dining with us! Looking forward to our next "date"! :)

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I have always wanted to eat there...I am glad you gave a review!!! One other question....how was teh price tag?

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I love Mike Shannon's - so glad you had a nice evening there!

Slamdunk said...

Sounds good.

Tip of the asparugus, top of the muffin--I am sure there are other greats that would complete the list.

Jillian said...

Oh man my tummy is growling YUM!!

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Love Mike Shannons! Glad you all had a great time!! Love the pic too!

Alicia said...

Sounds delicious, you made me hungry girl and I just had lunch. :)

Mary said...

I've never eat at Mike Shannon's. It sounds like they have seafood options, so maybe I'll have to try it out sometime. As for the asparagus, I once heard that the more money you have, the closer to the tip you chop the stalk;)

Stephany said...

Seriously don't know how you eat appetizer, salad, AND main course! LOL...I can barely get through a salad and main course, hehehe. :)

Sounds like a fun evening!

Angie said...

ooooo always wanted to eat there, sounds yummy! Cute picture!