Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekend Excitement...

...so I'm pretty excited about the weekend ahead of me! It starts at 11am when I get off work today. I took a half day of vacation...why? No reason really, I'm just burning it so I don't lose it but the fun starts right after I get off work. I have a hot date with a man that runs like a machine and is tall, dark and handsome...his name? Treadmill #15. I plan on running at least two hours or as long as can on that bad boy. What a way to spend vacation days, huh?

Then Friday evening, we're having our STL Bloggers' Dinner at 3 Monkeys. Angie, Heidi, Randall, Sarah, Amy, Jenn, Cece and Aimee will be in attendance. I'm really excited for this. Some of these ladies I have already met, others I haven't so it should be a good time getting to know everyone and a fun ladies night out.

Saturday morning I'm headed down to Gray Summit to visit Katie. She's going to help me get rid of all those jalapenos. We're going to attempt to make Jalapeno Jelly!!! I'm also taking my bikes with me and her hub is going to take a look at our bikes. See...it's like bartering...here are some jalapenos in exchange for bike services! FYI-I'd go without the bike services, the friendship and fun times is well worth the trip there.

Saturday afternoon, we're supposed to go to a House Warming Party for a couple of Matt's friends. We went to their wedding back in May. Matt is supposed to work that evening so it's not decided as to whether or not we'll make the trip to their house but I'm hoping we do because we haven't seen them SINCE their wedding!

Bright and early Sunday morning is the triathlon. I'm only swimming so hopefully my part will be done in less than 6 minutes. I'm most nervous about getting out of the pool and falling when I run to tag my teammate. We got some sweet shirts made for our team although I will only be wearing mine AFTER my part of the tri. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post.

Then Sunday afternoon, Matt's great uncle who I've never met and Matt's not even sure who or how he's an uncle (boys! I'm pretty sure it's his grandpa's brother on his mom's side) is going to be in town so we're supposed to be doing something with the fam also.

So there's what lies ahead of me in the next 2.5 days...OH! I also need to sneak in 16 miles of running too...where? I have no idea but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!

12 comments :

Cecilia said...

You are going to be amazing at the tri. I just know it. I am SUPER DUPER nervous about tonight!! I know all you ladies are awesome. I'm just a freakazoid who is really bad with socializing face to face. Lol.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

Jillian said...

Hello! Found your blog through Krysten..... I just really liked your wedding picture hahaha.

Your blog is too cute, just like you and your husband.

Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you, ENJOY!!!

<3

Krystie said...

Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! good luck on Sunday girl, I know you'll knock it out of the park!

Alicia said...

Girl, I am worn out just reading this lol! Best of luck on Sunday and hope you enjoy your afternoon off!

Stephany said...

What a busy weekend! You are going to do such a great job at the race and sneaking in 16 miles of running? Ah, no problem! ;)

Jen said...

Have fun tonight! I'm so bummed I can be there! I have a frosty beverage for me!

Faith said...

Good luck this weekend with the Triatholon!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

What a busy weekend lady! Good luck with the triatholon!

Kitty Deschanel said...

It doesn't sound like you'll be getting this comment until well into Monday, you busy girl! Good luck in the triathlon. 6 minutes is more than I could do!

Jacklyn said...

Go girl! You're inspiring me as I'm getting back into shape for a half this October! Hope the tri went well this morning! Can't wait to hear about it!

Angie said...

Can't wait to hear all about the tri!!! You are such an inspiration :)