Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Wonderings...

...just a random post for a random Wednesday...

*I got a new screen for my laptop so I'm back in business and loving it! They even updated my computer to Windows 7. Sweet! Back to blogging from my comfy red chair.

*Okay so I know the economy is bad but I miss the little perks from businesses! Last fall, our dentist quit giving out free toothbrushes (I didn't believe Matt when he came home without a new one but my hygienist confirmed when I went in the spring.) No fortune cookies from our favorite Chinese restaurant. No snacks for the pups at their vet visit either. Please look up economy so we can get the perks back among other things!

*Matt and I finally got our massages that we got as a wedding gift last Thursday! We were just trying to draw out the gifts as long as possible. JK! It was a nice, relaxing time.

*Anyone watching Big Brother? OMG! Last Thursday was INSANE! I don't like Matt (on BB, not my husband!), he reminds me of James from a couple seasons ago.

*I swear my Yahoo headline in my email has been "Boats head to teen sailor drifting in Indian Ocean" for at least two months...am I missing an update on this?

*Anyone going to St. Louis Downtown Restaurant Week? Last year, it was earlier in August and Matt and I went to Mosaic to celebrate the end of camp. You can read my review here but the coolest thing ever, and I still talk about it, is that my salad dressing was brought out in a pipette! How cool!!! This Friday, Amy and I are going to Mike Shannon's and I'm SOOOOO excited about it! Matt is going on a bachelor party for our best man (you all know my feelings on that) so I told him, well my meal will be $25 so I think you should only spend $25 as well. He inserted his own eye roll there. Oh well-it was worth a shot!

Happy Hump Day!

11 comments :

Jen said...

I'm going to Copia on Saturday. We made reservations a month ago! I hope it's good, you know since it burnt down and now it's back.

If anyone wants to try something else, let me know - a impromtu blogger dinner perhaps?

Jennelle said...

Call me crazy, but I *wish* I could get out of the dentist office without that little bag of samples! Do you really use them? I guess I'm just particular about my toothbrush and toothpaste, and my dentist doesn't hand out the ones I like. :) I do agree on the fortune cookies, though!

I really want to go to Downtown Restaurant Week--it's such a great way to try new restaurants. Alas, it's the week we leave for vacation and I think I'll be buried in suitcases.

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I LOVE BB! Matt is a snake. I didn't like him once I knew he was lying about his wife..thats just wrong

Anonymous said...

ummmm, how did I not know you watch BB? I've been obsessed with it for years! I'm just glad Rachel is gone. As long as they avoid showing her I'm a happy girl. That laugh made me want to scratch my eyes out!!!! I like Lane, he always makes me laugh:)

Jessica

Alicia said...

I love Mosaic! Their Lobster Risotto and Sangira pitchers are delish!!!

Angie said...

yes I'm going to An AMerican Place tonight with laurie and Sarah. I can't wait!!!! This is my first experience with Downtown rest week and I'm excited.

Mary said...

I HATE Matt and Ragan is getting beyond annoying because of his relationship with Matt. Seeing Matt with his hoodie unzipped makes me want to vomit all over the screen. I don't really know who to root for. I guess Brittney.

I'm jealous that you have Windows 7. I'm still coping with Vista and hate it.

You'll probably appreciate this BB blog:

http://www.bsideblog.com/category/big-brother/

steph anne said...

Oooh, a massage sounds lovely! and YES, BB was INSANE!!

Cecilia said...

Yay for massages! I still have to use mine that my hubs got me for Valentine's Day. Oops. I would have told my Hubby he could only spend x amount too. Lol. Shoot. I would have given him cash and taken the debit card.

Sarah said...

American Place last night was good. DH and I are going to Shannon's to celebrate our 5th anniversary on Saturday. Tell me what you get and if it's good!

Kitty Deschanel said...

No snacks for the pups? Pica and Biscuit (though mostly Pica) would be crushed! Pica always gets 2 cookies because she eats the 1st faster than the vet can give the shot :)