Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Summer, Another Fair...

...this past week, Matt was on his man-cation AKA the St. Charles County Fair with his bestie Tom and all the people of the fair. I'm glad that he has that "out" and a place to relax and have fun but as a wife and an outsider, it can be frustrating at times but we're going to focus on the good.

In the past, I've typically gone out EVERY single night of the fair. This year, I told Matt, sorry dear but it's going to be a girls week for me which turned out very nice expect for Thursday evening, which happened to be my only night without plans. Turns out it was a good thing I didn't have plans because I had the worst migraine ever! I've only had a migraine one other time in my life about a month or so ago so I'm taking notes of when and often I get them so I can track them before heading to the doctor about it.

Anyways, on Friday evening, I was supposed to go to Fairmount Park with some friends but we all decided to reschedule. I woke up Friday morning and my headache was gone so I ran out a good seven miles. Then the headache started to come back but since I hadn't seen my husband since Sunday, I thought I would go see him for a little bit at the fair that evening.

The weather was yuck so it was actually a good night to go see him because he wasn't that busy. I was able to stay fairly dry and snap a couple pics. I wasn't really going for this but I thought this pic of the ferris wheel turned out cool.
A quick downpour came through Wentzville, cancelling the truck pull but we had an awesome sunset.
And that my friends, was my Friday evening...home by 10pm but happy cause I got to see my hubby!

6 comments :

Alicia said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine. I get them and I can certainly feel your pain. Hope you can figure out what causes them. Mine are caused by stress apparently so the docs says to limit my stress, isn't that just hilarious!

Meredith said...

Migraines suck.

Stephany said...

Ooh, I hope you figure out about your migraines. (Do you take anything for them now? Like Imitrex or something like it?) My mom used to get them ALL THE TIME, I'm talking on a weekly basis, but now it's once every few months. (I think her weight loss/eating habits + less job stress has helped with this.)

I do hope you figure it all out!

Adie said...

Migraines suck! Sounds like fun! We don't go to the Fair, it is hot and gross. Hubby wants us to go down to the Texas state Fair one year. I think that would be fun!

Slamdunk said...

Seven miles in between migraines? You are a fighter.

Aimee said...

Sorry to hear about the migraines! Hopefully the doctor will be able to help! :-)