Friday, August 6, 2010

DQ: I'm SOOO Over You...

...so Wednesday started off rough when my car wouldn't start but luckily, Matt came to the rescue...okay, he just bought a new battery and that seemed to work. After he left to go help with tear down of the fair, I decided I should probably take my car for a test drive and what better place to take it than...DAIRY QUEEN! I went through the change jar pulling out quarters, loaded Emma up and we took off.

First off, let me say I love the cookie jar blizzard-cookie dough AND Oreos-totally the best of both worlds. Now let me tell you why I'm SOOO over DQ...about a month ago, I found out that they quit carrying butterscotch!?! WHAT!?! That's like the original topping of ice cream...before caramel and peanut butter and even cookie dough, it used to just be chocolate or butterscotch so I'm a little upset that DQ no longer carries it. I loved their Peanut Buster Parfait with butterscotch instead of hot fudge. That was a sad, sad day for me...

Anyways, moving on to the latest find at DQ. Their mini blizzards really ARE mini now!!! I'm pretty sure the price stayed the same but the cup size got cut in half. I mean I work hard to burn my calories during the day (on Wednesday, I ran 6 miles and swam three football fields or 300 yards but three football fields sounds so much further) so when I order me some ice cream, I really want some ICE CREAM, not like 3 bites...that's a tease of ice cream. I was tempted to also eat the mini blizzard I'd gotten for Matt, he didn't know I'd gotten him one so he'd never know if I ate two, right? Don't worry...I refrained and left his in the freezer for him.

I hate to be this way, DQ, but I think we may be done. I'm going to have to give all my ice cream business to Silky's so blog friends, please help me, because I may need an intervention soon with my addiction to Elvis Pretzelys.

Happy Friday!

8 comments :

Jen said...

With so many good ice cream options, I really think you should eliminate DQ all together.

I was talking to a gal pal earlier this week - they used to have a mini, that was really mini and it was perfect when I was like 13. With Micky D's bring in their Mini McFlurry, they needed some competition.

Really, they just want the "diet" people to come eat something small, so they can keep business going.

Have you gone to Deters? They are FANTASTIC! Not as good as an Elvis Pretzely - but quite tastey.

If you need a Silky's Date - you know where I'm at. And after that disappointing Low Fat drama, I really need some tastiness.

Alicia said...

All this talk about ice cream is bringing on a craving...I better wait to treat myself after I do the glucose test this afternoon, I may fail otherwise. :) And what is an Elvis Pretzely, is it bad that I don't know this??

Adie said...

I hate how most fast food places are making so many changes! Like ordering a medium drink, sometimes you get a huge trough of soda - which I don't want. Othertimes you get totally let down by the size! Jerks.

Krystie said...

I never liked DQ growing up, because the ones in California sucked. When we moved to our new house in OR there was an original ( from 1950!) right down the street, so C talked me into going. it's seriously the best thing I've ever had. That said, now I want an oreo blizzard. LOL

Christy Duffy said...

No butterscotch? Seriously? I hate it but that's like an ice cream store must-have, isn't it?!

Stephany said...

Ugh, sorry about DQ. That's sucky, especially since they didn't lower the price! They should offer 2 sizes! I love me some DQ, though, and OMG that cookie jar blizzard sounds AMAZING! Ah! I want some, NOW!

Meredith said...

I wish we had ice cream options other than DQ! It's seriously the only ice cream shop for miles!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

I'm always shocked at how expensive their regular blizzards are. Like honestly, we pay over $6 for two blizzards and it's just the SMALL ones. And they always skimp on the toppings and don't mix them up. My thing at DQ is chocolate ice cream snickers blizzard, extra snickers. My hub does this funny imitation of me complaining about how much I want a snickers blizzard, chocolate ice cream, extra snickers. HA!