Monday, June 9, 2014

Our Annual KC Trip...

...AR and I went on our annual Kansas City this past weekend. We left Thursday afternoon and came back Saturday afternoon. We may not have been gone long but we crammed a lot of fun and visiting in the time we were there!

Thursday night, we stayed at Candace's, she's one of my besties and sorority sister from back in the day. Our kiddos loved playing past their bedtime Thursday night and were even more excited for donuts on Friday morning. Here's AR and Colin patiently waiting for theirs.

Since it was National Donut Day, we got one for free-woohoo! We got them from Donut King because they have peanut butter donuts that taste exactly like a Reese's. Candace even brought me a dozen for my baby shower when I was pregnant. The kiddos, of course, got sprinkles. I tried to give AR some fruit but once the donut arrived, that was a thought of the past.

After donuts, we went to LEGOLAND (see post tomorrow), had lunch at Fritz's in Crown Plaza where our food was delivered by a train, then AR and I went swimming. Silly girl, this isn't how you put on a swimsuit!

Friday night, we walked the Hospital Hill 5k and stayed in a big fancy hotel room at the Sheraton. We had an entire king size bed for just the two of us but somehow I was almost falling out of bed!

She loved the giant bed...not to mention jumping on it too!

Saturday morning we woke up to lots of rain. Glad we did the race the night before! The race was delayed by about 30 minutes and we watched the 10k and half marathon runners from our 24th floor window.

After chillin' in our hotel room, we went to Sea Life Aquarium then met some friends for lunch at Cheddar's (DELICIOUS!) before we got on the road to head home. While at Cheddar's, we also ran into another friend of ours and her adorable son! Lauren, my sorority daughter, is prego so AR and I had brought a big bag of stuff for her. I'm pretty sure AR pulled everything out of the bag to show her while we waited for our lunch.

While we were driving home, I got multiple, as in at least ten, text messages from the city notification system that there was a tornado watch in our county. When I got to Warrenton, the interstate was a parking lot so I got off at that exit and decided to do a little #cakehunting. Here's Cake #118 Warren County Courthouse.

I took the backroads home and missed all the traffic. More importantly, our house was still standing when I got home! Stayed tuned for the rest of our trip. 

2 comments :

Julie said...

Should have told me about your hotel, I could have gotten you a good deal :)

Heather said...

Hi Alyssa! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)