Wednesday, September 29, 2010

AAA Redeemed Themselves...

...remember my post last Friday? Matt's radiator freaked out and we needed to have it towed. I called AAA and they told me that my plan only covered up to a F-250 and not an F-350. When the tow truck came to get us, I noticed a AAA sticker on the bed of truck and asked if it was the same tow truck that he would use for a 250 and a 350. He said yes. I was LIVID because the AAA lady on the phone told me we'd have to cover a super duty special towing truck...apparently not. The tow truck driver was really nice and called his boss who informed me about the only 250 not 350. We paid $90 and went on our merry way.

Friday afternoon, I decided to call AAA and tell them how frustrated I was. Everyone was really nice as they transferred me around to the right person. When I finally spoke to someone, I explained what happened and emphasized that I had been a member for ELEVEN years (yes people that's pre-2000 and since I was driving, I've been a member from day 1 of age 16, Butchie knows how to take care of me!) and loved the company and never had a complaint with them until this night. I understood it was the policy but when an exact same truck comes out, you can understand where the frustration comes from, right?

So Monday afternoon, I'm getting ready to leave work to head to the dentist and AAA calls me. Without asking any questions, she just informs me that she's going to send me a refund form to complete and I need to send it in with a copy of the receipt. Then she started saying it was because the truck driver confused me. I was like hold up! I don't want to get the driver in trouble because all he did was answer my questions. She made note of that and thanked me for being a loyal member and that the refund was done with the intention that it wouldn't happen like that in the future...ok, got it!

I come home all excited to tell Matt. After I tell him, I'm like so give me the receipt. He gives me this look, yeah he'd just thrown it away. UGH! Men!!! Luckily, it was right on top and we were able to dig it out. So AAA redeemed themselves and we're getting the towing expense back AND Matt didn't have to pay to have the radiator fixed again so it all worked out, it was just a major pain in the butt!

6 comments :

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I think it is important for companies to remember that, most of the time, the customer is right! She was going to give you the refund, so no reason to remind you again of the confusion. How frustrating but glad it worked out!

Jennelle said...

I'm glad it worked out!

Jillian said...

Yay for happy endings!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

I LOVE when stuff turns out happy! It's also nice to hear that a company actually care about its members instead of just saying, "well, sorry for your luck!" good for them!

Meredith said...

I'm glad that they gave you a refund! It sounded like such a huge mess to begin with!

Stephany said...

Yay for the refund! That's great news because that's a LOT of money to be out of!!