Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dog Beds!!!

...whenever I go to visit my mom, we always have some sort of craft project to do. She amazes me because she can always whip out a project in no time. This time, I brought down some old jeans that had holes in them or were fringed at the bottom (AKA-no good for Goodwill) and we made this (front):
Back:
What is it? DUH! A dog bed!!! Shadie likes it. This one is for the living room/bedroom. She also made one for each of them to go in their cages that is stuffed with old fabric. She saves all her bits and pieces of fabric and when she has enough, she makes dog and cat beds for the animals at the Humane Society. When they get adopted, they get to take one home with them.
One bad, well I guess it depends on how you look at it, thing about going to mom is that I always come back with a full car. Good thing Matt wasn't with me this time because I barely had room for Emma! Here she's sticking her up up from behind the new dog pillow for me to see her:
Since she was kind of crowded, I rolled the window down while we were on the back roads to the interstate. She loves the feel of the wind in her hair:
What's something you always come home from your parents with? Happy Hump Day ya'll!

8 comments :

stina said...

That is so awesome that your mom makes dog and cat beds for the humane society!

Alicia said...

Food! My mom always sends me home with leftovers and if it spring or summer she also sends me home with veggies or something canned from her garden. Mommas love to make sure their kids eat well. :)

Stephany said...

I love that idea for a dog bed! I know dogs are especially fond of sleeping in old clothes their owners have worn, because of the scent, so this is a great idea. (Until, you know, the scent wears off. Then it's just a nice bed.)

Keely said...

I'm with Alicia- I come home with tons of food...every time. I'm the bottomless pit in my family and they assume my husband is the same. All leftovers go in my car. Plus, she loves to garden but doesn't like veggies, so I get those too.

Love your new dog bed!

Crystal Escobar said...

oh my gosh! That is adorable!!! I just love that idea, so cute! You're mom is so crafty!

Crystal Escobar said...

oh and one more thing, just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I know it's kind of a late response, but I got a little behind on things over the summer. Anyway, sorry to be promoting this on here, I don't usually do this, but I wanted to let you know that I've got a giveaway going on right now. I really want to help a friend out. If you get a minute, could you head over to my blog and enter for me? The giveaway prize is $50, so I know that it's something everyone would want :) Anyway, thank you so much, I really appreciate your time. Oh, and by the way, where are you located? I'm trying to get a list of all the bloggers I know in SLC Utah. I really want to plan a bloggers social. It would be fun to meet you in person!

Aimee said...

Very cute! Sounds like your project went well. I think it's so great that your mom makes beds for the human society. We always donate old towels to them because they can use them in cages, too. I should let my mom know about the idea of making pillows. She probably has tons of old fabric left over from when we were little. Plus, it would be a fairly easy project to do.

Angie said...

awwww, those are so cute - your mom is so thoughtful to do that! What a great idea giving those animals their own beds!! I always leave my parents house with coupons and junk mail that still goes to their house even though I haven't lived there in like 10 years LOL. Oh and free samples of all sorts of good stuff from shampoo to makeup to weird new food items LOL