Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tastefully Simple AND Delicious...

...last Sunday, Matt and I did some major cleaning in the kitchen. While I was cleaning, I found this box of Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake Mix that I'd ordered awhile back. Matt was going to spend the afternoon working on the bathroom and my only task left for the day was to seal the tile in the bathroom. So while I waited for him to do his work, I decided I'd throw this together. Seriously? SO EASY! I put the mix in a bowl added water and butter, mixed together then threw in a bread pan. One thing I have learned from making bread though is that when it says greased, its a good idea to flour the pan to so that the bread slides right out when it cools.
When it came out, Matt and I enjoyed this afternoon snack outside with the pups! This past Sunday was such a good day. I had a nice bike ride with Aimee early in the morning, did a little cleaning, made this, rode my bike to the store to be "green" (and Matt had blocked me in the driveway)...it was just a great day and made me feel very blessed for my great friends, hub, house, pups, health...
Anyways, back to Tastefully Simply (sorry I got sidetracked), I also love their Spinach and Herb Dip-yummy! It makes a great dip but I also love to put it on baked potatoes. Their Key Lime Cheesecake mix is awesome too. I love their products but they are a bit pricey for me so it's a real treat when we have it. What kind of Tastefully Simple products do you love?

6 comments :

lola said...

One of the ladies at an FRG social made this pound cake. Holy crap it was DELISH!

Cecilia said...

I've never had any TS items. Shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell my good friend. She sells it. Lol. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Slamdunk said...

That dessert looks like a great reward for a little bathroom labor.

Charlotte said...

I make this ALL the time and people are always asking me for my secret recipe!!!!!! I have never walked away from a party with any of this left! Its absolutely amazing to me how good this boxed mix can be!!

Jillian said...

I love tastefully simple. I am hosting a party soon!!!

Aimee said...

I LOVE the almond poundcake! I also love the beer bread (made with either beer or Sprite) with Garlic Garlic dip. I get tons of compliments every time I make it. I like the cheeseballs, too. The key lime is my favorite, but I also like the strawberry. A few summers ago, they had a blueberry one that was amazing!