Friday, September 24, 2010

If It's Not One Thing...

...seriously, then it's another! Really? I don't think Matt is ever going to be allowed to buy a truck again. We bought this new, well new to him, 2008 Ford F-350 back in March after the other truck rolled down a hill and hit a tree, remember all that drama? The new truck is fine other than the fact that I can't haul my big butt in it sometimes without working up a sweat. Then we found out that when it rains it sometimes leaks in the front window on the passenger side AKA on me. Then the radiators in that model got recalled so we just spent $1600 on a new radiator Wednesday-sweet! Because we have all sorts of money to be spending right now-not!

Last night, Matt goes to lock up the parks and calls me because he pours in radiator fluid and it just comes right out. Awesome...$1600 for nothing! So I call AAA to have it towed and head to get him around 8pm, as I'm driving and on the phone with them, the lady tells me that my plan doesn't cover a 350 because they'd have to get a super duty hauling truck. Really?! Are you kidding me? I mean I guess I never asked but seriously? I head back home then some random number calls me...its Matt from the guy's phone at Autozone because his phone won't turn on. He tells me he's going to call the super duty hauling truck and have it towed to the garage and then I'll have to come get him.

As I'm sitting at home waiting for him, his dad calls saying he saw that Matthew called. Well, yes, because this weekend is the men's retreat for church. They've all been super pumped about it for WEEKS! His dad is on the phone with me trying to work out details which I have no idea, I'm trying not to cry thinking of all the money we're about to spend and just waiting...

UGH! Finally about 10pm, I go to get him. When I get there I see the AAA sticker on the tow truck's bed. I get out and ask him if this is the same truck they'd use for his 350 and any other car. He said yes, grrr!!! We then start discussing AAA, turns out my plan only covers up to a 250 even though it's the same freakin' truck that pulls a 250 or 350!?! I'm going to call AAA tomorrow, not only because of this but because last year when I mailed in my credit card number to renew, it got stolen. I sent it to a FL address and it was stolen and used in FL...Anyways, we're hoping that the garage will reimburse us for the tow since it was less than 24 hours since it had been "fixed" and Matt had only driven the truck to work and home and to work again. We'll see, knowing our lucky...probably not.

I have to work Friday night and the one nice thing about nights is sleeping in...um, not so much for me since I have to take him to work at 6:30 am. I'm debating letting him drive my car to his work then running there to get it before breakfast with Angie and Aimee. It's only 5 miles which is exactly the run I need and this'll make me do it or else, I'll be walking to breakfast and then to work!!!

Seriously though, if its not one thing then it's another, let's not mention that I missed all of Grey's! I also apologize if there are any Fs missing in my post, my F button randomly decides when to work. Have a good weekend...I hope mine is better than my Thursday night!

8 comments :

Jennelle said...

Oh, man! I can't believe that you a) had to pay for a recall yourself (shouldn't the car/part manufacturer do that?) and b) that AAA was so dumb about the size of the truck. I hope your weekend goes better than last night!!

Meredith said...

What a day....sucky. I hope that today is better!

Jillian said...

I feel awful for you. I really hope things get better for you. Hang in there!

Christy Duffy said...

Just dang - that stinks! Hope today's a better one for you.

Clara said...

That day sucked! But there will be better ones, Im sure!

Stephany said...

What a terrible night, Alyssa! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. :( I hope you got everything resolved today and can enjoy your weekend somewhat!

Vee said...

Ugh, I hate days like that. Here's hoping your weekend looks better! =]

Mary said...

That sucks! When you talk to AAA, I would bitch and bitch and if they don't give you what you want, demand to talk to a supervisor. If it's the same truck, there's no reason why they gave you the runaround. I make my husband handle all that stuff because I'm such a hothead and he barely had a pulse;)

But I hear you about the money thing. Right after we paid over $1k in car repairs for Jason, my computer died (again) and I had to order a new one. It's always when you think you might be getting a little bit ahead that stuff like that pops up.