Monday, September 20, 2010

Wedding 2/7...

...in two months, Matt and I have been invited to SEVEN weddings!!! We only declined two (one because I'll be in Florida for a wedding and the other because we both have to work) and we're splitting up to cover two in the next couple weeks. So this wedding was #2 of the 7 we were invited to (might I also add, I think I'm going to go broke buying all these gifts!!!).
Saturday's wedding was for Trish and Keegan...OMG! They had the BEST deacon marry them, he was hilarious, personal and kept everyone's attention. They got married at a small Catholic church in Marthasville. I'm not Catholic so please answer this question, why do all Catholic churches have giant poles placed throughout the pews so you can't see the service? I was practicially in the guy's lap beside me trying to take pics of Dani doing her reading. Oh well, at least the deacon was entertaining so I was able to pay attention without seeing anything.
One of the best parts about the wedding is that Dusty is home!!! Remember, he's our friend that was in Iraq? Well, he finished his tour and came home knowing his contract with the Army was up and ready to come home. They kept pushing his date back further and further and he kept missing all sorts of fun stuff like the fair, his welcome home party (which we postponed), weddings, etc...He finally got home Thursday for good and we're all so excited!!! Here he is with his momma, wow-this boy has really grown up since he's been away! Here's Mattie and I after the wedding. I love this outfit, feel very ANTM in it but I always look so pale when I wear it...note to self, get some tanning lotion and put on before wearing this! Here are the shoes I wore, I know I've shown them on the blog before, but I was excited because they matched my running shoes! Don't mind Matt in the background who was putting on his shoes and making fun of me. After the wedding, we went over to Monica and Colby's to pass the 2 hour gap between the ceremony and reception. They have such a cute house, cute dog and awesome dip recipes! We weren't even hungry by the time we got to the reception! We even got moved to the family reserved table (hey-we're basically adopted into this family!) and got to eat first but none of us got very big plates. Monica and I chatted the whole night, wondered why we didn't hang out more (the whole living an hour away from each other played into it), made sure the boys had each other's phone numbers and agreed to FB friend each other!
Monica and Scott brought an air horn to the reception (an inside joke of sorts) and beeped it at just the right time. When Trish and Keegan were making their rounds and found out our table was responsible for it, she absolutely LOVED it! I love Trish, her personality came out throughout the whole reception and she's got really great friends.


The wedding was about an hour from home, so Matt and I left about 9 because we were both getting up early (as in before 6AM). Well, it took us almost an hour and a half to get home because of the massive storms going on. When we finally made it to 70, everyone had on their flashers and seriously, we were going 20 mph!!! Once the rain cleared up, I'm pretty sure I took a little siesta for about 10 minutes and no, I wasn't the one driving! Here is a view from inside the truck, Matt was like, "Holy crap! I can't see anything. This is insane!" So for him to say it, you know it was bad!

So congrats Trish and Keegan. We wish you many, many years of happiness and laughter. Thanks for letting us be a part of your wonderful day!!!

4 comments :

Slamdunk said...

Seven? Wow, you two are in popular demand for social gatherings. Glad you had fun with it.

Jillian said...

I LOVE WEDDINGS!!! Our family is in serious need of one haha.

Christy Duffy said...

Love the shoes!

Stephany said...

Dang, 7 weddings? That's intense! I haven't been to a wedding since March 2009 so I'm badly in need of one. :)