Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Five Years of Wedded Bliss...

...this past Friday, the Mister and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. On our 5 year anniversary, AR and I went to Game 1 of the NLCS...but on Saturday, Matt and I spent the entire day together, which is more alone time that we've had since AR's been born.
 
My sis and H watched AR.
NLCS1
I think it's safe to say that she had a great time with them.
NLCS2
I got Matt a bunch of dove decoys for our anniversary per his request. Matt planned the entire celebration and my DSLR that I got for Christmas last year is still being counted as my present for all holidays. :-)
upload
Since we're both trying to be a healthy, I told him I wanted to be outdoors and go for a hike. We drove to Reifsnider State Forest for the day.
DSC_5460
We started out on a nature trail but when we saw the creek was totally dry, we decided to walk in it. It was amazing what we saw...like this tree that is normally underwater.
DSC_5410
We found a tree we could both fit under...here's Matt.
DSC_5408
And me!
DSC_5443
It was perfect weather and the scenery was gorgeous.
DSC_5425
We found a few fossils along the way.
DSC_5413
We packed our lunch which was a sandwich, Pringles, pasta salad, a couple waters and some Pink Moscato that we drank sat from the bottle because we're classy like that.
DSC_5420
This is Matt's "senior picture."
DSC_5435
Mr. and Mrs. Five Years Later
DSC_5457
We headed back to our house where we were going to visit with AR, my sis and H but she was taking a three hour nap from being out so late the night before. After a few minutes at the house, we went and saw "We're the Millers." It was a pretty good movie, Matt and I both enjoyed it. Then we went to dinner at Chili's where we totally blew our diet and it was well worth it!
 
There's not a whole lot to say about the past five years that hasn't already been said. It's been a roller coaster of ups and downs, learning from each other and our mistakes and dealing with some pretty huge decisions that most couples probably don't encounter until well after five years. We're not the perfect marriage, we're still figuring out how to be husband and wife but as long as we're by each other's side, that's all that matters and in my opinion, I've got a pretty awesome husband!

2 comments :

Julie said...

Happy anniversary!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Happy anniversary! sounds like a lovely day! :)