Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easy Nacho Bake...

...Lately nothing sounds good. This is always a sign that I need to start counting calories and working out because it means I've eaten everything that sounds delicious! When it comes time to menu plan each week, I always try to find an easy recipe via Pinterest. Last week, I found this recipe for Easy Nacho Bake. Unfortunately, I'm sorry I don't have a link to the pin!

Ingredients

1 small (7 oz) Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed
1 pound ground beef (or turkey, venison, etc...)
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup shredded lettace
1 small tomato, diced (I used a can, definitely recommend a fresh one if you have it)
Sour cream

Directions
1. Brown burger with taco seasoning (drain if needed).
2. In 9 x 13 dish, layer crushed chips, meat, 2/3 cheese, lettuce, tomato, and top with remaining cheese.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Top with sour cream!

I thought this would be an excellent meal that AR could help with because she could crush the chips. Yeah, well my chip crusher turned into my chip thief as she kept sneaking them out of the pan!

Before...mmm! We wanted more cheese so I added some regular shredded Cheddar cheese. As stated above, I used diced canned tomatoes, definitely use a fresh tomato if you can.

After-mmm, this was so good! Super easy to make and quick. The directions didn't say to spray the pan but I did and it came out very easily.

What's your go-to quick, easy yet still delicious dinner recipe???

No comments :