Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gotta Be Eight!!!

...Tomorrow is my sweet niece's birthday, she'll be turning 10! I still remember when she was born and AR's age, crazy to see her so grown up. In our family, the rule is you have to be 8 years old to get your ears pierced. Don't ask me where that age came from. I just know that my sister was 8 when she got her ears pierced so when I wanted to get my ears pierced, she told my parents I had to wait until I was 8. When we both had daughters, we knew we'd abide by the "Gotta be Eight" rule. Well, eight came and went for H and she didn't want to get her ears pierced. Finally, this year, she decided she wanted to do it! So on Saturday, we all loaded up, H, my sis, me, AR along with Papa (my dad) and her friend, and headed to Sweet and Sassy for the big event. Since I took over fifty photos and I recently realized that you could make a video in Picasa, which is what I use for editing, I decided I'd try it out. See the big event for yourself! Congrats, Little Sister! You did a great job and I'm proud of you.

Here I am double checking that the marker dots for the holes are even.

Catching the newly ear pierced girl getting her pic taken.

Of course, we had to hit up Justice! Papa was the only boy in both stores!

Happy birthday, H! We love you!

No comments :