Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bath Bombs!!!

...A few weeks ago, I did a post on an ebook series I'd received called Soap Making Made Easy. Well, my supplies for my bath bombs FINALLY arrived. They were delivered last Sunday by FedEx, the driver told me it was a special Sunday delivery! I promptly tore into the box anxious to get started. So without further ado, I'll share the recipe with you!

Ingredients
1 part citric acid
2 parts baking soda
Witch Hazel
Colorant
Fragrance
Dome-shaped mold (I used mini-cupcake tins)

Here's a pic of the ingredients plus the laptop to follow directions!
DSC_6989

Directions
1. Blend citric acid and baking soda. Make sure there are no clumps. You may want to use a stick blender, but I just used a regular old whisk.

2. Add the colorant to the mixture. Don't add too much or it'll change your bath water colors. You only need a drizzle of the colorant.
DSC_6991

3. Add desired amount of fragance. Note: A little goes a LONG way! As in our whole house smelled like a tropical paradise for a week.

4. Use a squirt bottle to spritz the witch hazel onto the surface of the mixture, while hand-stirring with the other hand.

5. Once the mixture starts to become sticky, it is ready to mold. Don't add too much witch hazel or the mixture will begin fizzing. Trust me, this happens-we ended up with a whole pan in the bathtub and our house smelling yummy. See, this is what happens when there's too much witch hazel and it just keeps GROWING and GROWING! AR took a nice, fizzy bubble bath in the middle of the afternoon.
DSC_6992

6. Let the mixture sit in the tins/mold for 10 minutes. Then let them air dry for 3-4 hours (or overnight).

DSC_6990
Here there are popped out. Then did flat and become a bit more round as they dried.
DSC_6993
I went to the Dollar Store and bought this gift cartons which held two bath bombs and added them to gift cards I'd gotten for people.
DSC_7031
Now, make your own and go enjoy a nice, long bath!

1 comment :

Cecilia said...

That seems easy enough and very thoughtful little gifts!