Monday, December 9, 2013

Lily Bird Dress Pattern Review...

...As Christmas time quickly arrived, I sorted through AR's closet and found that she only had one black "Christmas" dress. I needed something with more color, a little green, some red, maybe even white. I found a dress pattern from Lily Bird Studio and called Nana. I briefly explained what it would entail, showed her a picture, and she jumped on board! Here's our final product...
Dress

This was a quick, easy dress to make. We whipped it up and had it done in just a weekend. When we first looked at this pattern, Nana was concerned about all the ruffles, but they just slipped into place. Loved the tutorial and would sew more if every pattern came with a tutorial as easy as this one was to follow. I also love the idea that there are so many patterns sizes. After making this one, the next ones we make will even go faster. Here's AR wearing the final product, she was a little overwhelmed by cookies and Santa:
DSC_6753
 
The arm holes were a little tight, but that's because my girl has massive biceps like her momma. Also, since it's cold, I put a long-sleeve white shirt underneath so that made the arms even tighter. Once it was on though, she loved twirling around in it. Thank you Lily Bird Studio for saving the day and helping us make a Christmas dress for AR!
DSC_6752
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments :

Hilary said...

Awww, I think it's adorable!

"The Mrs." said...

Alyssa, I can't believe I stumbled across YOUR blog. I was reading and said I KNOW this girl! ;) I live in STL too! SOooooofun!!!!

www.theycallmemama.com