Monday, December 23, 2013

"Three French Hens" Book Review...

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


...I recently finished reading "Three French Hens, Two Macarons, and Lovers in Bakery" by Noelle Love. It was a love story, but the coolest part about the book is that each chapter ended with a French pastry recipe so that you could re-create it yourself!
http://www.amazon.com/Three-French-Macarons-Lovers-Bakery-ebook/dp/B00H2AQBAY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1387677719&sr=8-4&keywords=three+french+hens
Summary
Three French Hens is the story of three women who are brought together under the roof of a small bakery at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. Their shop, The Two Macarons, is the bakery in Paris until an ultra-rich, money-hungry businessman teams up with an ex-boyfriend to take over the dessert market, threatening the livelihood of the women's bakery and their lives. An erotic tale served with thirty indulgent recipes from the showcased bakery, Three French Hens is a delicious debut by its young author not to be passed by.

Review
Throughout this story, I had to constantly remind myself that it was set in Paris, France because of the way certain things were portrayed. With that being said, I still loved the book even though I wasn't entirely familiar with the culture. It was an easy, fun read that left me wanting to keep turning the page. I loved that the end of the story ENTIRELY summed up everything, not just the current here and now, but 50 years down the road. Not to spoil it for everyone, but all does end up "happily ever after" which is how things should in fiction, right? Well, at least in a love story! Be sure to check it out on Amazon where I think it's actually being offered for free as of when this is posted, not sure how long it will be though.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :