Friday, November 29, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Pie...

...I did it! I made a pumpkin pie from scratch! Well, not technically from scratch because I used two Pillsbury pie crusts. Close enough, ok? Surprisingly, it was REALLY easy! You can find the original recipe here.

First things first, we got out all the ingredients.
DSC_6541
AR had to check out the spices. She was wondering what the heck allspice was!
DSC_6539

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
3 cups pumpkin puree
1.5 cans evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 deep dish pie crusts

After we had all the ingredients out, we put everything into a bowl and started mixing. AR was a bigger helper with this. Thank goodness these were only for my family!
DSC_6544
Directions
Mix well using a hand blender or mixer.
Pour into pie crust (don't overfill like I did!)
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn temperature down to 350 and bake for another 45-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Cool and gobble up deliciousness!

Well, I wasn't paying attention as I was scooping in the final little bite of pie filling into the crust and I overflowed the pan on the left-oops!
DSC_6545
While we put the pies in to bake, I started putting things away and cleaning up. I looked over and saw my daughter literally licking the bowl...she is so my child.
DSC_6546
Ta-da! The finished pie, oh and I made a pecan pie too. Just go ahead and call me Betty!
DSC_6560

No comments :