Thursday, November 21, 2013

Raking Leaves!!!

...Who knew raking leaves could be so much fun?! I had a Monday and I was irritable and tired by the time we got home. Matt had beat us home and was blowing leaves in the yard. As soon as AR got out of the car and saw her Daddy, she wanted down to play. It was a welcomed break so I headed inside to start dinner, change clothes and had a few minutes to just unwound. I looked outside and this is what I saw:
DSC_6319
I grabbed my camera and headed outside. Daddy had given her a stick to let her "rake," she was being a big helper. Then Daddy showed her how to jump in the leaves. Check out that smile, she loved it!
DSC_6329

Luckily, she's still little so her jumping and rolling around didn't mess up the pile too much. She played outside in the leaves for over an hour.
DSC_6341
She did take a break though. This is where our driveway has settled so there's a little step down. AR thought it was a seat so she sat down and tried to do table after table after table...Ms. Hollie, her gymnastics teacher would be so proud!
DSC_6366
We played in the last leaf pile and then swept them onto a tarp. Matt pulled one side, I pulled the other and AR rode in the leaves on the tarp. You should have heard her giggling, I loved it! The dogs were out in the backyard so when we got there, they ran up and gave her kisses which she loved.
DSC_6380
She had so much fun that it almost makes me want to rake leaves every day....nah!

2 comments :

Cecilia said...

Leaves are so much fun! My 13 and 10 year olds still love playing in them.

Unknown said...

Awww, how cute! I haven't let Emma play in them bc I'm afraid of the neighborhood dogs' doo in the yard. Haha.