Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies...

...As I prepared last Friday for the big Toddler Thanksgiving, I had thawed an entire gallon bag of pumpkin puree. I only needed two cups for two loaves of pumpkin bread so I made another two loaves (that's four total). I was tired of washing the pans so I jumped on Pinterest to find another way to use up the last of the pumpkin. I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies over at What's Gaby Cooking. The recipe called for Greek yogurt, which is my new cooking ingredient so I started the batter ASAP. They turned out delicious! Very dense because of the Greek yogurt and not too pumpkinish, probably because I didn't have exactly a cup left, but I added a little pumpkin pie spice. Oh, and I also added Brewer's yeast, because I always add that to anything I bake.
 
Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Set aside.
  3. In a mixer combine the eggs and sugar and whisk for 3 minutes until it doubles in volume. Add the yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla and blend until fully combined. Mix in the flour and then add the chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
  4. Once chilled scoop 3 tbsp scoops of the dough onto the baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet. Bake for 16 minutes and remove from the oven. Let the cookies cool for a few moments on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat the process with any remaining dough.

This is the first recipe I've ever found that is exactly what it calls for. My cookies baked for exactly 16 minute and made almost exactly 24 cookies (I ended up with 27). 
DSC_6416
Ta-da! The finished product. I thought they were pretty tasty and DH got to sample at least one.
DSC_6425
Happy baking!

No comments :